Person with Dementia has Behavioural & Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD)
(Identify and document baseline behaviour in neutral terms with collateral input)
- GPAC Cognitive Impairment guideline
- Taking a New Look at Dementia Behaviours (PDF format)
- Taking a New Look at Dementia Behaviours (JPG image)
Is there severe urgent risk for safety of resident, care staff or others?
Or is this an acute change?
- Behavioural Escalation Continuum Model (PDF format)
- Behavioural Escalation Continuum Model (JPG format)
Best Practice Tips
Encourage involvement and education of family / caregiver / substitute decision maker in the life of the older person with dementia, including decision-making process.
Involve all members of the resident's care team throughout the decision-making process.
- Getting to know Dementia (PDF format)